Less and UTF-8 classnames

anders

10 Aug, 2012 09:20 AM

Hi

I have a project that have a few classnames with danish special characters in them. This is not supported by Less. Is there any reason for this? It seems to be valid CSS, as section 4.1.3 in the spec specifies:

In CSS, identifiers (including element names, classes, and IDs in selectors) can contain only the characters [a-zA-Z0-9] and ISO 10646 characters U+00A0 and higher, plus the hyphen (-) and the underscore (_); they cannot start with a digit, two hyphens, or a hyphen followed by a digit. Identifiers can also contain escaped characters and any ISO 10646 character as a numeric code (see next item). For instance, the identifier "B&W?" may be written as "B&W\?" or "B\26 W\3F".

Is there any reason why Less don't support this? The have been a ticket open for this support for almost a year, but there is no real comments on it, and there doesn't seem to be any interest in merging my fix for it?

Can I do anything in order for having this merged? Or fixed in some other way?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac